WHO: Bryce Dallas Howard, Tourism New Zealand, and National Geographic Travel.
- Join Bryce Dallas Howard on a journey across New Zealand with National Geographic Travel in a six-part video series and online content hub: The Ultimate New Zealand Experience.
- Actress, filmmaker and Tourism New Zealand Brand Ambassador, Bryce also served as Creative Director on the project. Bryce was heavily involved in mapping the story, including selecting the content themes, locations and video style.
- A collaborative project, The Ultimate New Zealand Experience was produced by National Geographic Travel with Tourism New Zealand.
- Bryce will also appear in Tourism New Zealand’s digital marketing campaigns in the US and Canada.
WHEN: July 18th, 2017 6am ET
WHY: In Bryce’s words: “I was quite young when I first visited the country and wasn’t even fully aware I was in New Zealand. It felt like this magical dreamland: a utopia. I’ve been so fortunate to return several times, and I have learned that, for me, New Zealand is most fun when I get outside. I think the place to start is to meet the people and feel the vibe, then to get off the beaten track to immerse oneself in the magical wonders of the countryside. Each time I’ve visited, I explore the different aspects of the culture and the landscape. The people are so warm-it feels like coming home.”
The Ultimate New Zealand Experience: A mix of Bryce’s passion for New Zealand with local insight into the best ways visitors can experience the country. The video themes are built around Bryce’s favorite things to do while traveling in New Zealand.
Capital of Cool – An artsy city full of coffee, cocktails and conversation, Wellington is the world’s coolest little capital. Join Bryce as she uncovers the city’s zest for life with a bit of shopping mixed in.
Food for All Seasons – Farm-to-table has influenced Kiwi and Maori cuisine for centuries. Unearth the connection between the land and the sea with Bryce and learn why New Zealand cuisine has always been local, fresh and bursting with flavor year-round.
Epic Wanders – Whether it’s a 3-day backcountry trek or a 30-minute hike near town, New Zealand has endless outdoor walking options. Lace up your hiking boots and follow Bryce as she searches for New Zealand’s most jaw-dropping views.
How to Say “Fun” in Kiwi – From water activities, wildlife encounters, golf and adrenaline sports, New Zealand offers a variety of adventure for everyone. Chart Bryce as she paddles down river in the morning and finds a different type of water adventure with hot pools in the afternoon.
The Power of Maori – New Zealand’s transformative landscapes are intrinsically tied to Maori legend and spirit. Walk with Bryce through sacred Maori spiritual grounds as she learns the culture’s history and significance to New Zealand.
- “When you have someone of Bryce’s caliber who genuinely loves your country and you pair that with National Geographic Travel, one of the best in authentic destination storytelling, magic happens.” – Stephen England-Hall, chief executive, Tourism New Zealand
- “Many people assume New Zealand is too far without realizing that the wealth of experiences the country has to offer makes the travel time completely worth it. I’ve been surprised how quickly the time on that flight passes each time I’ve traveled there. It’s really just a night’s sleep away and once you’re there, you’ve arrived at heaven on earth.” – Bryce Dallas Howard
- “We are truly excited about this collaborative partnership between National Geographic Travel and Tourism New Zealand. Our passion for storytelling is matched only by New Zealand’s stunning beauty and cultural richness and Bryce Dallas Howard’s enthusiasm for sharing her love of this unique country.” – Andrew Nelson, director editorial projects, National Geographic Travel
FLY TO NEW ZEALAND: Air New Zealand, United Airlines and American Airlines offer non-stop flights from North America daily from San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, Honolulu, and Vancouver, B.C. From the West Coast of the US, it is a 12-13-hour non-stop flight to Auckland.
- Creative Director: Bryce Dallas Howard
- Director: Tom King, National Geographic
- Production: Reel Factory (New Zealand-based production company)
- National Geographic Travel contributors:
- Krista Rossow, National Geographic photographer
- Carrie Miller, National Geographic writer
- @PureNewZealand, @BryceDHoward, @NatGeoTravel